The 16th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is set to begin on March 31 with a match between Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings. However, some popular cricketers will not be participating in the tournament due to various reasons and injury is one of the major reasons.
We will look at those prime players who will miss the 16th edition of IPL.
1) Jasprit Bumrah – Jasprit Bumrah will miss IPL 2023 due to his back injury. In absence of Bumrah, Mumbai will look to be heavily dependent on Jofra Archer.
2) Rishabh Pant – The Delhi Capital’s captain is not playing in IPL 2023 as he is recovering from a fatal accident that he got last year while going back to his hometown Uttrakhand. Pant is however in rehab now but will be unable to return to the ground anytime soon. In absence of Pant, David Warner will take the captaincy of Delhi Capitals.
3) Kyle Jamieson – The Chennai Super Kings team led by MS Dhoni, has been dealt a significant setback as the star pacer of New Zealand Kyle Jamieson, will not be participating in IPL 2023. Jamieson has undergone back surgery which will prevent him from playing in the tournament.
4) Jhye Richardson – The Australian pacer Jhye Richardson who was bought by the Mumbai Indians in the mini-auction has been ruled out of IPL 2023 due to a hamstring injury.
5) Prasidh Krishna – The fast bowler from India who is part of Rajasthan Royals will not be playing in IPL 2023 due to a serious stress fracture.
6) Will Jacks – Royal Challengers Bangalore has got a major setback before the start of IPL 2023. The young all-rounder Will Jacks who was bought by RCB in the mini-auction 2023 has been ruled out due to injury. Jacks was recruited by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the December auction for INR 3.2 crore and he would have been a good backup for Glenn Maxwell in their middle order.