International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced the Men’s T20I Team Of The Year 2022. This team consists of outstanding individuals who performed exceptionally well in the T20I cricket in 2022.
Here are the list of the players who are included in Men’s T20I Team Of The Year:-
- Jos Buttler is picked as the wicketkeeper and skipper of the team. In 2022, Buttler featured in 15 T20I matches in which he scored 462 runs with a blistering strike rate of 160.41. Under his captaincy, the English team clinched the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia by defeating Pakistan in the finals.
- Mohammad Rizwan, Pakistani wicketkeeper, performed exceptionally well last year; he scored 996 runs last year. He was just behind the Indian swashbuckler Surya Kumar Yadav on the list of the most runs T20I runs. Rizwan is selected as another opener batter along with Jos Buttler for the second year.
- Virat Kohli, Indian Premier Batter, once again showed his glimpse of old Virat. He got his form back in the Asia Cup 2022 and continued his explosive form in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022. He was the highest run-scorer in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 with 296 runs with the help of four fifties.
- Surya Kumar Yadav was sensational in 2022 in the shortest format. He was the highest run-getter in the T20I in 2022, scoring 1164, including two hundred and nine half-centuries at a strike rate of 187.43. SKY was just phenomenal in 2022, and currently, he is standing on the No.1 ICC Men’s T20I Batters.
- Glenn Phillips, the batter, the gun fielder and have the ability to bowl some overs as well, had performed exceptionally well with remarkable consistency in the T20I cricket. He has scored 716 runs in 21 matches at a strike rate of 156.33. His consistency always helped the Kiwis in lifting the runs in death overs against any opponent.
- Sikandar Raza, Zimbabwean all-rounder who performed outstanding not only with bat but also with the ball. He scored 735 runs with the bat in 2022 and scalped 25 wickets with an economy rate of 6.13.
- Hardik Pandya, India’s all-rounder, contributed with bat and ball in 2022. He added 607 runs and also grabbed 20 wickets for his team. He always handled India’s batting whenever the top order of the Indian team collapsed.
- Sam Curran, ICC Player Of The Tournament at the T20 World Cup 2022. The young all-rounder became the new death-over specialist bowler and handled his team’s batting. In the prestigious tournament, he picked 13 wickets in 6 matches. Looking at his outstanding performance in the T20I, he became the most expensive player in IPL with INR 18.50 Cr.
- Wanindu Hasaranga, the Sri Lankan wrist spinner who had been magical throughout the year. He picked nine wickets in the Asia Cup 2022 and helped his team to clinch the title of the Asia Cup 2022. His magic also showed in the T20I World Cup, where he took 15 wickets in 8 matches. He also does damage with a bat and will be very dangerous for the opponent in the upcoming years.
- Haris Rauf, this year had been great in 2022. He was his team’s highest wicket (31) taker in a calendar year. Rauf’s performance in the finals of the Asia Cup 2022 and the semi-final match in the T20 World Cup 2022 was exceptionally well. In the absence of Premier Shaheen Shah Afridi, Rauf was outstanding and led the bowling attack.
- Josh Little, the second-highest wicket-taker in a calendar year, grabbed 39 wickets. The left-arm pacer was just phenomenal in the World Cup 2022, in which he picked 11 wickets.