Former Australian Cricketer Michael Slater Rushed To Hospital After Getting Arrested

After being detained for allegedly violating his bail, former Australian cricket player Michael Slater is reportedly being treated at a hospital.

The 52-year-old was detained on Thursday night at a residence on Sydney’s northern beaches after a woman placed many triple-0 calls, according to the original story from The Australian.

The former starting pitcher and well-known TV analyst for Channels 7 and 9 are said to have been brought to a police station on the northern beaches before being rushed to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
To safeguard the woman he was with at the time of his detention, NSW Police have requested an interim apprehended-violence order.

According to The Australian, Slater is forbidden from physically harming, threatening, stalking, harassing, or intimidating the 53-year-old woman, a beauty therapist.

He can’t be within 100 meters of the woman’s residence or place of employment.

In the statement given by NSW Police, it said, “About 9.30 pm on Thursday 22 September 2022, officers from Northern Beaches Police Area Command responded to a report of a male allegedly causing a disturbance at a house at Wyuna Avenue, Freshwater.Police arrived and spoke with a 52-year-old man who was not a resident of the premises. The man was arrested after police detected he was allegedly in breach of bail. He was taken to Manly Police Station and later conveyed to Northern Beaches Hospital for assessment. Inquiries continue.”

After being charged with repeated assaults, stalking, and bond violations, Slater was already subject to stringent bail terms.

Slater gained notoriety last month after an ex-partner came forward with frightening texts he is believed to have sent, including threats of retaliation in the form of pornographic material.

The most recent alleged incident comes after the police have filed numerous other complaints.

On July 18, near Frenchs Forest on Sydney’s northern beaches, the former celebrity allegedly assaulted a man. He is contesting the allegations.

He is accused of two charges of common assault and one of attempting to stalk or intimidate someone with the intent to cause them physical or mental harm.

Four days after police were called to the 52-year-Manly old’s house on July 14, the alleged behavior occurred.

Also Read : S Sreesanth Names The โ€˜Key Playerโ€™ Of Team India For T20 World Cup

He was transferred to the hospital, where he stayed up until July 18, when he was charged with violating his bail and hauled to the Manly police station. On July 14, police responded quickly to his Sydney residence due to concerns for his well being before he was taken by ambulance to Northern Beaches Hospital.

He was given stringent conditional bail at the time of the alleged event on July 18, meaning he had to abstain from drink and drugs and maintain good behavior.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

407,929FansLike
74,074FollowersFollow
659,000SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles